Mechanical Engineering INTAKE M.Tech (CAD/CAM): 24, B.Tech: 120
Mechanical engineers require a solid understanding of key concepts including Mechanics, Kinematics, Thermo Dynamics, efficient utilization of energy and manufacturing. These principles are used in the design & analysis of automobiles, aircrafts, heating and cooling systems, building and bridges, industrial equipment & machinery, etc. This evergreen field provides equal challenges and opportunities for the engineer to transform into an entrepreneur
The B-Tech in Mechanical Engineering is a comprehensive degree program. The goal of the Mechanical Engineering curriculum is to create a flexible undergraduate educational experience and design, mathematical modeling, computing, management & engineering sciences.Principal study topics include fluid mechanics, thermo dynamics and heat transfer, solid mechanics, material engineering, manufacturing, energy systems, dynamics and control computer aided design (CAD), and computer integrated manufacturing (CIM) & others. This broad and flexible program allows students to customize their programs to meet their objectives and particular career goals. Traditional students can prepare for technological careers in industry and study in management. The more interdisciplinary students can utilize this program as launching pad for professional careers in business or public service.
To be a pace setter in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
To impart Quality & Innovative Technical Education to the students for their overall accomplishment enabling them to become entrepreneurs and to serve the society in general and the Industry in particular.
- To create facilities in Emerging Areas.
- To improve Industry – Institution Interaction.
- To organize Summer Schools / Winter Schools / Workshops / Conferences / Seminars.
- To strive for Centre of Relevance and Excellence (CORE) in Mechanical Engineering.
- To achieve Research funded Projects by 2017.
- To organize Extra curricular activities at National Level – Mega Event in 2006.
- To Strive for A grade accreditation from NBA of AICTE while renewing by 2007.
- To motivate the staff for continuous learning (Life – Long – Learning).
- To seek recognition for the Department as Research Centre.